Australian Registered Designs
Minimum filing requirements for overseas clients
- No forms are required to be signed before filing in Australia.
- Full name and address of the applicant.
- One set of representations of the design (preferably drawings but photographs will suffice).
- Name of the article for which design registration is required.
We recommend the following be provided at filing
- Full name, address and nationality of each designer of the design.
- Explanation of how the applicant obtained right to the design from the designer (if the applicant is not the designer).
- Five sets of representations of the design. These may be drawings or photographs, and should illustrate all features of the article for which design protection is required. The representations should preferably include at least one perspective view.
- Particulars of any basic application (if Convention priority is to be claimed).
- Statement of newness and distinctiveness (i.e. a statement identifying particular visual features of the design or part of the design as new or distinctive e.g. the shape or configuration of the upper part of the design).
- A certified copy of any basic application (if Convention priority is claimed) and a verified English translation (if applicable) will only be required if examination is requested following registration.
Australian Design Registration
We engaged Cullens to petition the Australian trade mark office for an abandonment of a mark held by a Fortune 500 company in the USA.
Unless Cullens were successful in their petition, Ballard would be shut out of the Australian market with one of our best brands, Columbia Bicycles.
Our attorney was successful with our petition and the job was performed quickly and thoroughly. Our attorney kept us continuously updated as the case proceeded.
Thanks to Cullens fine work, Ballard is now able to sell Columbia Bicycles to Australian consumers. Thanks Cullens!
Ronald J. Horta, CEO and General Counsel to Ballard Pacific Resources
Hydrus Technology engaged the services of Cullens to assist Hydrus in protecting its Intellectual Property for a very complex Electro-Chemical process.
Hydrus was impressed by the way in which the appointed Cullens’ representative was able to very quickly and easily understand the technology and the requirements of the Company. More importantly, through Cullens’ in depth understanding and broad knowledge of the science and the Patent market, they were able to provide considerable value towards the Patent process, allowing us to protect our rights to the greatest extent possible.
We highly recommend Cullens for their proactive approach, detailed knowledge, the speed with which they address matters together with their very reasonable and transparent pricing model and fees.
David Cam, Chief Executive of Hydrus Technology
"We found Cullens not only to be outstanding professionals, but in our experience
they had no hesitation in going the extra mile.
They are friendly, accommodating, diligent and extremely hardworking.
Their communication was excellent and they kept us fully informed throughout the whole legal process.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Cullens Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys."