Australian Patent Filing Requirements
A. Commencing the national phase of an international application
- Minimum filing requirements for urgent filing
- No forms are required to be signed before filing in Australia.
- PCT application number or WO publication number
- Verified English translation of the PCT specification, if in another language
Additional requirements (can be provided following filing)
- Date of establishment of IPER (if any)
- Date of amendments made under Article 19 (if any)
- Copies of the Request, PCT specification, ISR, IPER and Article 19 or 34 amendments (for our file)
- Explanation of how the applicant obtained entitlement to the invention (e.g. by assignment or contract of employment).
- If the PCT application claims priority form an earlier application, confirmation that the PCT applicant was the applicant of the earlier application and if not, an explanation of how the PCT applicant derived the right to claim priority from the earlier application.
- For reliance on deposits made under the provisions of the Budapest Treaty: Copies of filing receipts and verified translations thereof if not in English. Explanation of how the applicant obtained entitlement to rely on the deposits if the applicant is not the depositor.
Australian Standard Patent Registration
We engaged Cullens to petition the Australian trade mark office for an abandonment of a mark held by a Fortune 500 company in the USA.
Unless Cullens were successful in their petition, Ballard would be shut out of the Australian market with one of our best brands, Columbia Bicycles.
Our attorney was successful with our petition and the job was performed quickly and thoroughly. Our attorney kept us continuously updated as the case proceeded.
Thanks to Cullens fine work, Ballard is now able to sell Columbia Bicycles to Australian consumers. Thanks Cullens!
Ronald J. Horta, CEO and General Counsel to Ballard Pacific Resources
Hydrus Technology engaged the services of Cullens to assist Hydrus in protecting its Intellectual Property for a very complex Electro-Chemical process.
Hydrus was impressed by the way in which the appointed Cullens’ representative was able to very quickly and easily understand the technology and the requirements of the Company. More importantly, through Cullens’ in depth understanding and broad knowledge of the science and the Patent market, they were able to provide considerable value towards the Patent process, allowing us to protect our rights to the greatest extent possible.
We highly recommend Cullens for their proactive approach, detailed knowledge, the speed with which they address matters together with their very reasonable and transparent pricing model and fees.
David Cam, Chief Executive of Hydrus Technology
"We found Cullens not only to be outstanding professionals, but in our experience
they had no hesitation in going the extra mile.
They are friendly, accommodating, diligent and extremely hardworking.
Their communication was excellent and they kept us fully informed throughout the whole legal process.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Cullens Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys."