Where critical deadlines fall due on a public holiday in either Australia or New Zealand, Associates are advised to provide us with instructions well before the due date as the respective Intellectual Property Offices will be closed on these specific dates.
Examples of critical deadlines include:
- Entering the national phase of an international patent application,
- Requests for examination of a patent or certification of a design;
- Making a response to place a patent or trade mark application in order for acceptance or registration;
- Filing of patents or trade marks claiming a right of priority from an application filed in a convention country.
- Payment of continuance, registration or renewal fees.