Australian Trade Marks
Australian Trade Mark Filing Requirements
Minimum filing requirements
- No forms are required to be signed before filing in Australia.
- Full name and address of the applicant.
- Representation of the trade mark.
- If the trade mark contains or consists of a 3-dimensional shape, the representation of the trade mark must include a perspective view showing each feature of the trade mark, or such views as are necessary to show each feature of the trade mark.
- If the trade mark contains or consists of a colour, scent, sound or an aspect of packaging, a concise and accurate description of the trade mark must be included in the application.
- Statement of goods and/or services for which registration is sought, and international class(es), if known.
- Particulars of basic application(s) (if convention priority is claimed).
- If practicable, the representation of the trade mark should preferably not exceed 8cm x 8cm.
- If the mark includes words of a language other than English, a translation into English should be provided.
- If the mark includes non-roman characters, a transliteration of the characters into roman letters and a translation into English should be provided.
- Expressions such as “all goods” or “all services in the class”, or “all other goods” or “all other services” should not be used in the statement of goods and/or services.
- Multi-class trade mark applications are permitted. The goods and/or services should be grouped into the appropriate classes and listed in the order of their class numbers.
Australian Trade Mark Registration
Hydrus Technology engaged the services of Cullens to assist Hydrus in protecting its Intellectual Property for a very complex Electro-Chemical process.
Hydrus was impressed by the way in which the appointed Cullens’ representative was able to very quickly and easily understand the technology and the requirements of the Company. More importantly, through Cullens’ in depth understanding and broad knowledge of the science and the Patent market, they were able to provide considerable value towards the Patent process, allowing us to protect our rights to the greatest extent possible.
We highly recommend Cullens for their proactive approach, detailed knowledge, the speed with which they address matters together with their very reasonable and transparent pricing model and fees.
David Cam, Chief Executive of Hydrus Technology
"We found Cullens not only to be outstanding professionals, but in our experience
they had no hesitation in going the extra mile.
They are friendly, accommodating, diligent and extremely hardworking.
Their communication was excellent and they kept us fully informed throughout the whole legal process.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Cullens Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys."
Keith Jones, Director of Sensuous Pty Ltd
"Mr Regan Gourley and his team at Cullens Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys have had the conduct of all Morris International Group’s (incorporating Sirromet Wines) intellectual property related matters, in particular Trade Mark work for many years.
Cullens demonstrate expertise across all relevant IP legislation and deliver timely, cost effective and practical commercial advice.
Morris International Group would have no hesitation in recommending Regan Gourley and his team for any intellectual property and Trade Mark matters and any other work for which his team is qualified."